Board of Directors
The Board of Directors are representatives of the communities of Cape York and are elected every four years. The board meets quarterly to provide strategic direction and set the policy of the Land Council.
Some of the roles and responsibilities of the board include:
- Establishing the strategic direction for Cape York Land Council (CYLC) as a whole
- Providing guidance and approval of CYLC’s strategic plan and policies
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of CYLC, including financial performance
- Approving and monitoring major projects
- Overseeing and approving risk, control and accountability systems