The Jabalbina Yalanji Aboriginal Corporation administers land on behalf of the Eastern Kuku Yalanji people or the Daintree. Their ownership was recognised in the Eastern Kuku Yalanji determination of December 2007.
This determination arose from a native title claim first made in 1994. Over 13 years, this claim has been negotiated to reach agreement. All parties now agree to recognise the Eastern Kuku Yalanji’s native title rights, including:
- exclusive rights to 30,300 hectares of the Daintree Rainforest, and
- non-exclusive rights over the other 96,600 hectares, including access rights for camping, hunting, fishing, gathering and the conduct of ceremonies.
This agreement was affirmed and approved by the Federal Court in December 2007.Full Profile Source: www.nativetitle.org.au
Public documents can be accessed through the Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations (ORIC) website.
- Members list
- General Reports
- Rule Book
- Media releases by ORIC about this organisation
- Change of information and
- any other documentation as required by ORIC
- Mr Warren Kulka (Chairperson)
- Ms Emma Burchill (Deputy Chair)
- Ms Fiona Jose
- Ms Gail Barry
- Mr Charles Maillie
- Mr Peter Wallace
15 Sawmill Road
Mossman QLD 4873
PO Box 463
MOSSMAN QLD 4873
Phone: (07) 4098 3552
Fax: (07) 4098 2375