Back Row L-R: Rhonda Parry, Moira Bosen, George Ropeyarn, Ronnie Harrigan, Richie Ah Mat (Chair), Timmy McGreen, Aileen Gayle, Gavin Bassani, Clara Day, Aaron Teddy, Allan Creek (Deputy Chair), Noel Accoom, Herbert Bally, Bernard Charlie Seated: Phyllis Yunkaporta Absent: Karen Gibson and Frances Walker
Some of the roles and responsibilities of the board include:
- Establishing the strategic direction for Cape York Land Council (CYLC) as a whole
- Providing guidance and approval of CYLC’s strategic plan and policies
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of CYLC, including financial performance
- Approving and monitoring major projects
- Overseeing and approving risk, control and accountability systems
|Cairns||Richie Ah Mat|
|Hope Vale||Timmy McGreen|
|Lockhart River||Noel Accoom|
|New Mapoon||Clara Day|
|Port Stewart||Gavin Bassini|
|Wujal Wujal||Frances Walker|
05 January 2016Cape Magazine Article
We’ve been kicking the dust throughout Cape York for more than 20 years. Here’s a snapshot of some of our successes around the Cape York Region and Traditional Owner PBC's throughout Cape York.
On a regular basis we produce informative publications which act to communicate to our constituents and the public the aims, objective and activities with regards to land dealing as well as other Indigenous related issues.