Traditional owners MUST make
decisions over their country
- AURUKUN MEETING POSTPONED DUE TO SORRY BUSINESS
- LAURA MEETING POSTPONED DUE TO SORRY BUSINESS
- MOSSMAN, WUJAL WUJAL, COEN – MEETINGS POSTPONED – DUE TO SORRY BUSINESSPlease be advised some CYLC meetings have been postponed due to ‘sorry business’.
THE STRENGTH WE HAVE – CAPE YORK LAND COUNCIL
It is the voice of Traditional Owners that guides our direction. We are governed by the will of Cape York.
Cape York Land Council is a safe place where big ideas and powerful ambitions are driven by expertise and passion.
We were there from the beginning and we forged the human path to native title determination. We know where we’re going because we know where we’ve been.
The Cape York Land Council respects that all Traditional owners have autonomy and speak to their own lands.
The preservation and promotion of the traditions and cultures of Aboriginal people is a key driver for Land Council’s mission.
We are you. We too share the passion and pride of the people of Cape York and are dedicated to improving the lives of real people.
TRADITIONAL OWNERS HAVE DRIVEN THE NARRATIVE
After a lengthy period of consultation on country with Traditional owners the Cape York Land Council have been given a very clear mandate on what success in this Native title space looks like:
- Traditional owners want the return of their land, not the politics
- Traditional owners must make their own decisions and speak for their country
- Traditional owners want certainty and not confusion
- Traditional owners don’t want this to take another quarter of a century. It’s time for the dispossession to end.
Any process that causes disruption or lacks unity will almost certainly delay the opportunity for this justice significantly.
Ngan Aak Kunch
WHAT IS ONE CLAIM?
Native Title is an asset for Cape York’s First Nations people with potential to build livelihoods free from dependency. We will use it to build indigenous led business and enable our children to have jobs in our communities. In supporting One Claim, we have the best chance for the native title determinations to be made efficiently and provide these opportunities for our people.
Native Title is an asset for Cape York’s First Nations people with potential to build livelihoods free from dependency. We will use it to build indigenous led business and enable our children to have jobs in our communities.
In supporting One Claim, we have the best chance for the native title determinations to be made efficiently and provide these opportunities for our people.